Insulated coffee urns are great for both brewing a large amount of coffee and keeping a large amount of coffee warm for an extended period of time in social settings.
Keep in mind that beverage dispensers, which are sometimes labeled coffee urns, do not make coffee – they just store and keep your already made coffee heated. Most people need an actual coffee maker function included so that’s what we’ve included on this page.
Coffee urns make coffee like a giant percolator and they’re good choice for parties or events like weddings or award ceremonies. They also are ideal for a medium to large office, a teacher’s lounge in school, a greeting area in a church, or in a college dorm room for the students that really need to stay awake.
Finally, quality urns can also work very well for coffee shops and or cafés that need to have larger batches of basic coffee available at all times.
Insulated coffee urns are not like thermal carafes which are designed to be easily portable; however, when empty, they can be carried via the handles they come with. They all come with a one-hand dispenser so you can simply press and serve.
Now that we’ve figured out what an urn is lets look at the best urns for sale right now.
The Best Coffee Urns with Thermal Insulation
Some of the cheaper urns you can buy are not well insulated. They may hold anywhere from 30-cups to 100 cups of scalding hot coffee and the exterior wall of the device is hot to the touch. Sometimes uncomfortably hot.
The following models won’t be hot tot he touch like that but they aren’t the cheapest either. You get what you pay for.
Cafe Amoroso 100 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Urn – Premium Commercial Double Wall DesignAlthough this 100-cup insulated coffee urn costs a little more than some other options on the market it is extremely well made and for it’s size it is priced extremely well too.
This unit will always feel comfortable to the touch too because the double walled stainless steel housing doesn’t transfer heat from the inner chamber to the exterior where grabby hands can touch it.
As for pricing we always advise our customers to buy their own coffee urns because if you need one once then you’ll likely need one again periodically. When you consider large coffee urn rentals the cost to buy bececomes very attractive if you need to use one more than a couple times a year.
We think this one is the best value for your money too, check it out.
Continental Electric PS77961 Pro Series 100-Cup Stainless Steel Double Walled Coffee UrnIf you want more options, which most people do then this urn from Continental Electric is another good option and it’s price is very similar to the Cafe Amoroso featured above.
You’ll find reviews are not quite as good for this unit but it has been around for a long time and has a lot more time under it’s belt.
You’ll find the thermal insulation to be perform well on this electric percolator and dispenser too so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Both of the featured products listed above are 100-cup coffee urns. If you are looking for something smaller then please take a look at the following alternatives or just click through to see our favorite small coffee urns.
Here Are Some More Insulated Urns for You to Consider
Nesco CU-30 Professional Coffee Urn, 6.8-Liter, Stainless SteelBon Chef 40005 Stainless Steel Aurora Insulated Coffee Urn, 5 gal Capacity, Brass Accents9.5L/2.5GAL Stainless Insulated Beverage DispenserZojirushi CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, Stainless Steel
- Our insulated coffee urns range in price mostly on the low end and can hold up to 100 cups of coffee, depending upon the size you select.
- If you need an urn with style, we recommend the urns with a stainless steel exterior, equipped with handles and pour spouts.
- If you need to keep track of the level of coffee available, we suggest looking into those with a water level indicator.
- If you want to use an urn for more than just coffee (hot water for example), we recommend purchasing one with the “water boiler” feature, so that you can heat up your liquid at a moment’s notice.
- These urns come with a form of detachable lid to make emptying and cleaning more efficient; and many come with some sort of locking mechanism, making spillage less probable.
- For the material, you can select from stainless steel with plastic, brass, or chrome handles.
The majority of insulated coffee urns use stainless steel for their base and body, but they use plastic handles and pour spouts to keep you from being burned. You can also choose from brass or chrome accented, stainless steel coffee urns for a more elegant, or professional touch.
Stainless steel: stainless steel provides better insulation (keeping beverages hot or cold longer), and does not stain as quickly as other materials.
Brass/chrome accented: Brass or chrome accents add a refined and elegant look to a coffee urn. Urns with these accents are a good choice for high-dollar establishments, events, or parties such as weddings, televised or celebrity events.
Additional Perks and Information
You will not have to worry about keeping such a large amount coffee hot if you purchase an insulated coffee urn, as they’re guaranteed to keep your coffee warm for hours.
- If an insulated urn isn’t necessary, go to our section of small coffee urns, available on our products page.
- If you are looking for something insulated, but prefer it to be more portable, we have large, insulated coffee carafes that come with a handle for simple carrying.