Insulated French press coffee makers are for you if:
- You prefer to drink coffee using a French press
- You like to make a large amount at once to drink throughout the day
- You are trying to find a way to keep your coffee hot without reheating
- and more importantly, you want to make the best tasting frenchy press coffee possible.
We always advise our customers to buy a thermal french press over a standard glass cafetiere because they make better coffee. You can get thermal models in single serving sizes as well as big 12-cup sizes.
Our selection of French press coffee makers includes insulated ones because we know that the regular ones may only keep your coffee warm for a couple of hours at best. Although the pricing may be higher some insulated coffee makers, we’ve done our best at Gathering Grounds Café to select a wide variety of insulated French presses that fit every price preference. They provide you not only with excellent quality coffee, but will also give your kitchen a touch of style.
Each french press listed below is insulated to keep your coffee hot during the brewing process or inbetween cups.
Bodum 1308-16 Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press PotThe Columbia french press is a long time best selling thermal french press.
Made by Bodum it’s actually one of the best french press pots available and it sports thousands of highly positive reviews over with Amazon customers.
The Columbia is made from stainless steel and it is made with vacuum double walls giving it excellent thermal retention meaning your coffee will brew at a consistent temperature and then it will stay hot as long as it’s inside this coffee press.
Thermos 34-Ounce Vacuum Insulated Stainless-Steel Gourmet Coffee PressThermos has been make a ton of awesome insulated pieces of coffee equipment for many many years and this vacuum insulated coffee press is no different.
It will keep your coffee hot while you brew and drink it all morning and it is priced to sell.
There are other higher priced french presses but dollar for dollar we think you’ll find this to be one of the best value models out there today.
Here are a few alternative options for you to review.
Frieling Brushed Stainless Steel French Press, 36-OunceGrunwerg Cafe Ole Double Wall Insulated 8 Cup/35oz Stainless Steel French Coffee PressBonJour French Press Triomphe 8-Cup Double Wall Insulated Stainless Steel with Flavor Lock BrewingLa Cafetiere TQ080200 Thermique 35 fl oz Coffee Press, Stainless Steel
In addition to these make sure to look at our favorite french press travel mugs for making coffee on the go!
- Our insulated French press coffee makers relatively range in price from the low end to the high end and can hold from 30 oz to 36 oz of liquid.
- These coffee makers come with handles designed for easy pouring and carrying. They also come with removable tops that allow for fast and efficient washing by hand.
- Although these French presses keep coffee extremely hot, they maintain the handle at a regulated temperature so you won’t burn yourself.
- All options come with a built-in, 3-piece filtering system, which means – no paper filter.
- For the material, you can select from stainless or brushed steel, or BPA-free plastic.
Stainless or brushed steel: stainless steel or brushed steel provide better insulation (keeping beverages hot or cold longer) than other materials, and does not stain as easily. However, many of these coffee makers require hand washing, so please check the product description if you prefer it to be dishwasher safe.
Plastic: plastic insulated French press coffee makers are lightweight, designed to be shatter-resistant, and usually can go in a dishwasher; however, they may stain and scratch easier as opposed to stainless steel ones. If you’re worried about the type of plastic, make sure the coffee maker you’re buying is “BPA-free plastic.”
Additional Perks and Information
- Each insulated French press provides about 8 cups of coffee, depending upon the ounces mentioned in the product description.
- These will hold in heat longer than regular French press coffee makers, as well as some normal coffee makers.
- Choosing an insulated French press saves you money in the long run because they require no electricity. All you have to do is boil the water and pour it into the coffee maker – its internal design brews your coffee without having to use any buttons or plugs, and you’ll have hot coffee for hours!
- Just remember to use coarsely ground coffee when brewing with a French Press.
If you want to use a French press, but don’t need to retain heat for a long period of times – have a look at the standard French press coffee makers. They also come in various sizes (holding from as little as 8oz) and materials (like glass).
One of the inherent problems with insulated french press coffee makers is that the longer the coffee sits in the press pot the more coffee grind extraction takes place.
Large insulated pots can over extract a lot if coffee is allowed to sit in them for long periods of time. We invite you to see this page and consider getting a stand alone coffee carafe to keep your french press coffee hot after brewing.